Tickets On Sale Now!
All proceeds benefit Clothes To Kids of Denver, which provides new and quality used clothing to students from low-income or in-crisis families in the Denver Metro Area, completely free of charge.
View the full Invitation Here!
Follow this link to Buy Your Tickets today. See you on September 22nd!
For children and teens, clothing is more than a basic need – it’s key to their success in school. When students have quality clothing that helps them feel confident, they are more likely to attend school with the self-esteem needed to succeed academically. That’s why Clothes To Kids of Denver provides new and quality used clothing free of charge to Denver Metro students who are from low-income or in-crisis families.
We invite you to help us make a difference in our shopper’s lives by sponsoring our Blue Jean Bash, scheduled for Saturday evening, September 22, 2018, at CU South Denver (formerly, the Wildlife Experience).
For more information, please download our Sponsorship Information. Giving levels range from $500 to $25,000. We are also seeking items for our auctions. Questions? Please contact Valerie Lunka at email@example.com. Thank you for helping us clothe children and change their lives for the better!
Clothes To Kids of Denver will give away 6,000+ wardrobes between now and December. Read below to learn how you can join our fun, dynamic team!
JOB POSTING: Contract Accountant/Bookkeeper
Overview: The contract accountant/bookkeeper has responsibility for accounting and finance functions of CTKD. This position posts financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes inputting information to accounting journals and accounting software from such source documents as donor receipts including cash, check and credit card receipts, vendor set-up information, supplier invoices and expenses and payroll entries. The Contract Accountant also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Knowledge of Cash and Accrual based accounting principles.
- Knowledge of GAAP concepts, particularly in regard to nonprofit entities.
- Record Inventory and Fixed Assets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Set up and record new vendors, supplier expenses and monthly expense payments.
- Ensure that all donor receipts are recorded promptly. Requires working knowledge of cash, check and credit card processing, credit card fees, charge-backs, etc.
- Process payroll entries in an accurate and timely manner; interfaces and provides input data to the organization’s payroll processor.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank account(s) and create/issue monthly financial statements.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly revenue log.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all General Ledger accounts to ensure their accuracy; generates general ledger statements for review by the organization.
- Review all financial/bank statements with the Treasurer and prepare any reconciling entries.
- Assemble and prepare information/schedules to the organization’s external accountant to create the company’s annual financial statements for audit and the organization’s 990 reports for the IRS.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and chart of accounts.
- Maintain the annual budget and calculate variances from the budget; report significant issues to management.
- Support the development of accounting processes, procedures and policies.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Develop annual budget in conjunction with staff and board finance committee.
- Provide support for year-end inventory count and valuation.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management, as requested.
- Degree in accounting or business administration preferable, or equivalent business experience or experience with nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines for monthly close.
- Thorough understanding of Excel, bank and payroll systems such as ADP and Quick Books.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of Quick Books, experience with nonprofit organizations and comprehensive knowledge of accrual-based accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the knowledge and skills to set up remote access to Quick Books for multiple computers and connect Quick Books to our donor database.
Time Requirement: Typically requires 8-10 hours monthly with additional hours up to 24-36 per month during months of major fundraising event, annual budget work and preparation of year financial schedules.
Click HERE to download a PDF of this job description.
Read about us in the Essential Kids Guide to Denver from ConsumersAdvocate.org!
Please Join Us!
Wednesday, April 18
11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
The Wellshire Event Center
3333 S. Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80222
Federal Programs Military & Foster Care ESSA Initiative
Denver Public Schools
We’ve got an exciting, informative and inspirational program scheduled for our Reading, Writing and a Wardrobe event next Wednesday! It’s FREE to Attend, but be sure to save a seat for yourself and your guests by Monday, April 16th.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Clothes To Kids of Denver was recently featured in Denver Home Living Magazine – read the article HERE! Special thanks to Todd Huettner and Michelle Harris for this wonderful feature and their support of the mission of Clothes To Kids!
The numbers are in!! In 2017, Clothes To Kids provided:
* 9,594 free wardrobes (20% more than 2016!)
* 195,657 pieces of school clothing
* 24,125 pounds of extras
Thank you to our generous donors and volunteers for helping our shoppers at Clothes To Kids feel confident and ready to thrive!
A heartfelt thank you to YOU – our generous donors – for helping Clothes To Kids of Denver exceed its goal and raise $35,194 on Colorado Gives Day. The value of these generous gifts will be increased by the Colorado Gives Day $1 Million Incentive Fund, PLUS the first $20,000 raised was matched dollar for dollar by our wonderful friends at the Oliver Family Fund.
This funding will be put to work immediately to help thousands of deserving students in our community feel comfortable, confident and ready to thrive. In fact, we will give away 2017’s 9,000th wardrobe by the end of this week!
Your contributions allow Clothes To Kids to provide a great selection of clothing and shoes, as well as a fun shopping experience for the students we serve. Your belief in our mission is what makes the work of Clothes To Kids possible.
We are so grateful for your generosity!
Mark your calendars! Colorado Gives Day is a local campaign to raise funds for nonprofits throughout the state of Colorado. Contributions to Clothes To Kids made anytime on 12/5/17 will be increased by the $1 Million Incentive Fund.
Learn how your gift to Clothes To Kids makes an impact by visiting the Clothes To Kids ColoradoGives.org Profile. Clothes To Kids is also participating in the new Kids for ColoradoGives program, designed for kids and families to inspire the next generation of givers. This website provides a trusted environment that makes charitable giving fun for the whole family. Introduce the youngest members of your family to charitable giving by checking out our Clothes To Kids “Kids for ColoradoGives” Profile!
Special Opportunity – Double Your Gift. Double your Impact.
The Oliver Family Fund has promised to match all donations made between now and December 31st, up to $20,000! Now the impact of your year-end gifts multiplies, no matter how you choose to give.Thank you, Oliver Family!
Ready to to Schedule Your Donation?
Learn about the latest happenings at Clothes To Kids of Denver in the October 2017 issue of our newsletter,
Never miss another issue! Sign up for our newsletter: